Did you have to choose a quote to go beside your graduation photo for your high school yearbook? If so, did you have a hard time coming up with something unique / inspirational / perfect / or whatever? I know a lot of students in my class who stressed over this, and some students didn’t even choose one; they just let the yearbook editors choose a cliché to stick beside their picture. And there’s nothing wrong with that! That is not the purpose of this post … I’m just here to talk about quotes (hey, I sort of rhymed!). I have a few favorites lying around, thought I’d share some 🙂
10. “Only love can be divided endlessly and still not diminish.” – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
9. “Whatever limits us, we call fate.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
8. “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” – Confucius
7. “Nobody can hold us down.” – Christina Aguilera <– song lyrics; inspiration for this post
6. "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." – Eleanor Roosevelt
5. "Which is the greater sin: Being yourself or pretending to be somebody you're not?" (Degrassi) <– response to a statement about homosexuality being a sin
4. "Is there a caboose to this train of thought?" (Ghost Whisperer) <– I laugh at this every single time!
3. "Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost." (Fullmetal Alchemist)
2. "I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." (Pokémon)
1. "Dream as though you've never failed." – Jonathan Howard
^ My yearbook quote! For those of you who don't know, Jonathan Howard is a man from Mississauga who ran across Canada to raise money and awareness for autism. I was able to hear him speak at an elementary school in Chilliwack about five years ago, and this quote has stuck with me ever since. It doesn't matter how many mistakes you've made, or how many misfortunes have fallen upon you … you're still allowed to dream, and you should still strive to make those dreams come true!